Tuesday 2 June 2009

F A C



Beginning Fashion art and culture was brilliant, i was learning alot from sues lectures and found everything really interesting. I always thought this is the kind of thing i wanted to do, concept fashion. Fashion purely to portray a deeper meaning, rather than simply aesthetic. My favourte part has always been research, reading up on everything that will influence your final ideas. I got taught exciting research development techniques on foundation, and this helped alot with this project. Looking into globalisation and how the recession is affecting our economy and the way we spend and waste. eventually leading into recycling, which excited me greatly.






Looking into landfill sites i discovered we only have 8 years left before we have to ship our rubbish to different countries to dispose of. This got me very passionate, i think its disgusting that we have no control in all our greed and spending and easy disposable lifestyle. why should we be allowed to begin to trash other countries now that we realise we cannot control our own?






If we had begun to recycle a long time ago i think we could have prolonged the inevitable pile up of waste impending on us, but it is very much too little too late.






i got into researching ways of recycling waste into fashion, and plastic bags took my interest. How many plastic bags -shopping etc do we each as an individual throw away daily? just in your household?



They are incredibly durable which made me wonder why they are not used, combined with other fabrics to produce really strong waterproofs, tents, army stuff etc...






I researched a bit more and found that when they are ironed together the new fabric they create is so strong, it is almost impossible to tear.



Also can be sen together, trap stuff in etc..



i had a play about with creating nice patterns...






This inspired me to look at camo patterns and army stuff to inspire the fabric choice.


and eventually ended up looking at razzle pattern for navy warships to lead on to this as my final idea



with beautiful gman modelling for me!

No comments: