Saturday 14 March 2009

Elective

I began my elective "Visualisation and Illustration" absolutely hooked on it. I thought i was really enjoying the freedom of the elective being so broad and undefined. But when it got more into it i dreaded going to the elective sessions because i literally sat there entirely unsure of what we were meant to be doing at all. As much as i thought my tutor was ace, he confused me alot, he'd be trying to broaden our perspectives while encouraging us that whether we wanted to do a tap dance or a puppet show or a mime for our final piece that would be okay. I left me feeling pretty thick and like i didnt want to be there.
I massively fell behind doing the work and missed a few sessions because of work in the pub and the fact that i hated it.
that stressed me out alot over christmas and half term i decided to ask to do another because i couldnt stand the thought of even trying to do the work. So i have restarted another, which is just illustration this time, which is much more suited to me because its what i enjoy the most and i draw all the time in my spare time anyway.

No comments: